‘Excellent’…in all areas
St John’s School was inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) the regulatory body for independent schools, from 10 to 13 May 2022. We are incredibly proud and delighted that St John’s School has achieved the highest grading possible and was judged to be excellent in all areas, alongside meeting all regulatory compliance standards.
We have great pleasure in sharing with you some of the key findings from the inspection report and a few of the comments from the inspection team. The inspecting team of eight sought feedback from all pupils, parents and staff via surveys as well as interviewing almost 100 pupils and 40 staff in person and observing many lessons and carrying out work scrutiny across all year groups. The full report can be found here, and in the attachment below.
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils’ competence in communication (speaking, listening, reading and writing) and its application to other areas of learning is a strength of the school.
- Pupils exhibit excellent attitudes to their learning.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils develop a mature self-confidence which strengthens the strong relationships between pupils and teachers.
- Pupils show high levels of understanding with regard to their own social development and work together to achieve common goals.
- Pupils are mature and reflective in their decision making and carefully consider alternatives before coming to sensible conclusions.