The Development Office hosts a number of events over the year for the St John’s community and the OJs in particular. In Autumn Term, the annual OJ Dinner is always a lovely occasion when we have chance to hear from an interesting guest speaker and catch up over a drinks and dinner. Throughout the year, we have smaller events including professional networking groups and a popular series of London Walks and Summer Term sees the unmissable OJ Day which is a fantastic chance to relax in the sunshine (we hope!) with family and friends for an informal day of fun and great food.
LONDON WALK: GUIDED TOUR OF TATE BRITAIN
Wednesday 6 March, 2.00 - 4.00pm
Venue: Tate Britain
Viv Haxby will be taking us on a private guided tour of Tate Britain. This gallery of masterworks tells the story of 500 years of British painting and sculpture and includes major works by artists from Gainsborough, Reynolds and Turner to Henry Moore and Lucian Freud in more recent times. This will be a fascinating guide to this premiere collection of paintings by some of Britain’s most notable and best loved artists.
There is a wonderful tea room for those who wish to join us for refreshments after the tour.
- Tickets £15 (does not include tea). Click here to book.
TRIP TO BROOKLANDS
Wednesday 27 March
Venue: Brooklands Museum, Weybridge
We are delighted to be able to offer this exclusive visit to the famous Brooklands Museum at Weybridge on Wednesday 27 March, 2019
This all-day visit will include:
- a tour of its newly opened and highly praised aircraft exhibition and flight shed
- a ‘supersonic flight’ inside the museum’s own British Airways Concorde
- car rides on the remaining half-mile of banking and the newly refurbished finishing straight
- a demonstration run of the Napier Railton is planned, which, in the hands of John Cobb, holds the all-time track record of 143mph
- coffee, lunch and tea served in the original clubhouse building in the Bluebell Room (Malcolm Campbell raced regularly at Brooklands)
- a presentation on the history of the site will be made before we move off on the escorted tour
- Tickets at £50 are all-inclusive. Click here to book.
Make sure we have your contact details so that we can stay in touch and keep you informed about OJ events and email us at email@example.com if you would like any further information about any forthcoming events. We also often host other events at St John’s to which OJs would be very welcome so keep an eye on our events page for details of these.