Fantastic Pupil Achievements
Whether it be on the sporting field, during extra-curricular activities or hobbies outside of school, we are delighted to share and celebrate the hard work of the St John’s community.
Congratulations to the following pupils, who are recognised for their success over the recent months:
- Tajah Nair participated in a charity sleep out in Kennington for a charity called Streets of London, on Friday 18 October. Tajah and her father raised a total of £1,716.88 of much needed funds to provide specialist support for people who are homeless in London, and raises awareness about homelessness.
- Sofia Harding successfully placed 3rd in the World but 1st in Great Britain for Shotokan Karate 13-14yrs, 4 kyu and below during the 21st Funakoshi Shotokan Karate World Championship in December. Sofia’s team Kata also won bronze during the same competitions.
- Robert Butler achieved an outstanding distinction grade in his recent Music Examination results. Congratulations go to all pupils who completed their relevant music examinations and passed with fantastic results.
- Pupils in the U15A boys’ rugby team have recently made the National Quarter-Final, which is to be played in February 2020.
- The U15A boys’ football team recently made the ISFA national quarter-final, which is a fantastic achievement reaching the top eight schools in the country.
- Most recently, congratulations go to the following pupils for their results in the Surrey Individual Swimming Championships:
1st in the 100 Freestyle – Ewan Armstrong
2nd in the 100 Fly – Amy Robins
2nd in the 200 IM – Anna Stansfield
2nd in the 200 IM – Zoe Ryan
2nd in the 200 IM – Fin Galbraith
2nd in the 100 Fly – Connor Ballard
2nd in the 100 Backstroke – Imogen Knight