Aims and Ethos
High Hopes, High Standards, High Spirits
St John’s is a creative, ambitious and inclusive co-educational learning community where young people thrive and achieve. In this exciting environment, we encourage our pupils to work hard, aim high, help others and have fun.
Kindness and respect for others lies at the heart of our community, where the School’s house system fosters bonds of friendship and loyalty.
There is no limit to our pupils’ potential. A St John’s education equips them with the character to embrace the challenges of the wider world, the confidence to be bold in their aspirations and the capacity to realise their dreams.
Our purpose is to:
- inspire in our pupils a life-long love of learning and the confidence to aim high;
- equip our pupils with the knowledge, skills, resilience and optimism they need to thrive in the society of today and tomorrow;
- create a kind, inclusive, open-minded environment in which the contribution of every individual is valued;
- stitch a sense of fun and enthusiasm into the fabric of school life;
- develop meaningful links with the local and wider community and demonstrate that we can all contribute positively to the world in which we live;
- appreciate the founding Christian principles of our school and value the spiritual and moral insights that this gives us.