Aims and Ethos
Our School is a partnership of pupils (both past and present), parents, staff and governors. Together, these groups form the St John’s community.
We aim to promote academic excellence, intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in each and every pupil, whilst providing a first-class all-round education. A caring pastoral environment and breadth of co-curricular opportunity are central to the School’s philosophy. We foster in our pupils an appreciation of culture, music, drama and art. Our boys and girls play an active role in shaping the future of our school. A St John’s education prepares our pupils for progression into higher education and the world of work beyond. The School is mindful of its history and is fully committed to widening access from across the community.
The School aims to:
- maintain a dynamic and integrated curriculum to inspire our pupils;
- provide a culture of innovative teaching and pupil-centred learning;
- move to the forefront amongst schools in the use of technology in teaching and learning;
- encourage a sense of leadership, service and responsibility in our pupils;
- be a centre of excellence in the performing arts, sport and science;
- offer state-of-the-art facilities;
- continue to build productive relationships with the local community and universities;
- encourage our pupils to broaden their horizons; and,
- uphold a place of Christian worship within the community.